IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR 2021
Due to COVID-19 pandemic and the increased stress its put on our community to keep everyone fed, Pantry279 will be changing how the Thanksgiving Meal program works this year.
If you will be picking up a Thanksgiving Meal box for someone other than yourself or someone else will be picking one up for you, please complete and bring with you a proxy form. The form can be downloaded from these links: English or Español
New Pickup Location
This year’s meal pickup will be at the Community building at the Monroe County Fairgrounds – 5700 W Airport Road – Bloomington, IN 47403
Other Changes for 2021
- Distribution of the meals will be done over two days this year instead of one. Distribution this year will be on Friday Nov 19th from 3pm to 7pm and then on Saturday Nov 20th from 10am to 5pm.
- We will still have our normal Saturday food distribution on Saturday November 20th.
- Unfortunately, we have outgrown our space at Trinity Lutheran church. The distribution will take place at an, as yet, undetermined location.
- This year, Thanksgiving Boxes will be prepacked and will be picked up in a Drive thru style. You will still get a meat choice, however everything else is prepacked. If you receive Items you don’t want or need please return them to Pantry 279 at our regular location.
- We continue to offer delivery for as many families as we can for those who are home-bound due to illness, disability, or lack of transportation. Following safety protocols our delivery this year will be contactless.